About Stellaluna Events
Stellaluna Events was born out of a passion for creating fulfilling experiences. We don't believe weddings are about choosing certain decor just because its trendy or overspending just to impress your guests. Your wedding or event should be about gathering a group of your favorite people together to celebrate. It's about creating a meaningful memory.
The Stellaluna couple chooses soft seating for their wedding not because it will make great photos, but because it will make their guests comfortable and encourage meaningful conversation. They can't wait for the band to play the perfect ‘get up and dance song’ and doesn't worry over whether the candlesticks are gold versus bronze.
We love couples who throw out tradition. Let us encourage you to do it differently.
Hannah has a love for planning and organizing that has carried on throughout her life. In college she dipped her toe into the wedding industry and knew it was the path for her. She has a passion for bringing all the details of a wedding together and creating the perfect day. She gets joy out of being able to provide support to her couples so they can enjoy their day as well as help elevate the guest experience.
When she's not building timelines and executing weddings, you will find her chasing her toddler around, biking, running, or basically doing anything outdoors and active. She resides in Grand Rapids, MI with her husband and toddler, Lewis, whom she loves spending time with.
- Favorite wedding song: Shout - The Isley Brothers (Always brings the people out)!
- Best moment at a wedding: When the couple see each other for the first time. It is such a sweet and special moment that is never forgotten
- Beverage of choice: Rosé
- Bucket list: Bungee Jumping in Australia
- Favorite wedding song: Mr. Brightside
- Best moment at a wedding: When the bride walks down the aisle - the anticipation!
- Beverage of choice: Gin Gimlet, always
- Bucket list: Visit Santorini, Greece
Annie Van Dyke
Born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, Annie is a southern gal (without a southern accent). For as long as she can remember, she’s loved creating, designing, and celebrating. What better job than designing massive celebrations for people in love?!
Annie has always been the person at the wedding gushing over the shade of the linens or the cleverness of the guest book. She finds so much joy in making sure all of the little details come together in order to achieve a couple’s vision. Is a couple’s wedding theme “We just really love hiking?” or “I’m a thrifter and want lots of vintage feel in my decor?” or “I want a flower explosion?” Bring it on! Annie wants each couple to feel confident in their own tastes and to see their dream wedding come to life!
Outside of work, Annie enjoys cooking, traveling, painting, making various food boards, and spending time with her husband, Luke, and their tiny Cavapoo, Lottie.
- Favorite wedding song: Yeah by Usher ft Lil John and Ludacris (peace up, A-town!!!)
- Best moment at a wedding: Turning to see the groom's face when the bride is coming down the aisle
- Beverage of choice: Moscow Mule or a Mezcal Marg
- Bucket list: Enjoy a glass of red wine on a patio in Tuscany, or enjoy a cafe au lait and croissant in a Parisian cafe
As long as Allie can remember, she's loved celebrating anything that can be! Her mom is to thank for this - growing up, holidays were always commemorated with decorations, homemade treats, and creative games that brought people together. In time, these memories turned into a passion for planning events for others.
When it comes to weddings, Allie's favorite part of the process is getting to know each couple and curating ways to honor their story. It's her hope that her affinity for the fine details will make each couple's planning experience a piece of (wedding!) cake.
Outside of work, Allie enjoys baking new recipes, yoga and cycling classes, and traveling to new places with friends and family.
- Favorite wedding song: Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)
- Best moment at a wedding: The couple’s grand reception entrance
- Beverage of choice: Any type of spritz
- Bucket list: Explore Australia
- Favorite wedding song: September by Earth, Wind and Fire
- Best moment at a wedding: When the couple can breathe relief after the ceremony, the hard part is over, it's time to PARTY!
- Beverage of choice: Black Iced Coffee is my JAM, but I will never turn down a Margarita
- Bucket list: Visit every Disney Park in the World!
- Favorite wedding song: Forever and Ever and Always by Ryan Mack
- Best moment at a wedding: The couple's grand entrance moment into reception - the energy from the group in the room is unmatched!
- Beverage of choice: Ice Cold Pepsi or Watermelon Pucker w/ Sprite
- Bucket list: Visiting all 50 States (24 more to go!) & Skydiving"
Emily’s love for hospitality began in a time where she wasn’t fully sure what her path in life was. Once entering the world of weddings and events, she knew she would never go back. Creating a day full of ease, peacefulness, and calm is among her top priorities in planning and executing events. From setting centerpieces and lighting candles to packing each votive carefully back in its case, your day from start to finish will be covered in expertise and the joy of serving others.
Her favorite part of the planning process is when all of the pieces start to come together. She loves chatting all things details and the process of learning all about her couple’s special day!
Outside of work, Emily loves spending time with her loved ones, baking, going on bike rides, trying new coffee shops, thrifting, doing crafty things, and attending concerts.
- Favorite wedding song: Lover by Taylor Swift
- Best moment at a wedding: Speeches! Listening to the love of all of the people closest to the couple is such a sweet perspective.
- Beverage of choice: A Dirty Shirley (with a maraschino cherry, of course)
- Bucket list: Visit New Zealand
- Favorite wedding song: You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Best moment at a wedding: The couple's very first moment as husband and wife walking back down the aisle
- Beverage of choice: Iced Coffee or Gin & Tonic
- Bucket list: Staying in an igloo hotel looking up at the Northern lights
- Favorite wedding song: I Wanna Dance with Somebody
- Best moment at a wedding: The moment the couple sees one another at either ends of the aisle. At that moment the energy is electric in the room as it is the start of what everyone, especially the couple, has been waiting for.
- Beverage of choice: Chai latte!
- Bucket list: I'd love to explore the site of Volubilis, Morocco.
- Favorite wedding song: Stuck on You by Sugarland
- Best moment at a wedding: Mingling and dancing at the reception- there’s lots of new family to talk to and so much love in the room!
- Beverage of choice: Iced tea with grenadine, always
- Bucket list: Own a drive in movie theater
- Favorite wedding song: You Are The Reason
- Best moment at a wedding: Vows
- Beverage of choice: Pina Colada
- Bucket list: Skydiving and Traveling to the Maldives
"Working with Stellaluna Events was an absolute DREAM. Their whole staff from booking a consultation to the execution of the day was everything I could have hoped for and more. The Stellaluna team was so proactive and communicative that the day went out without a hitch. I felt informed of what was needed from me, by when, what decisions I needed to make, and what the suggestions were. They took my vision and brought it to life. I am forever grateful and HIGHLY recommend them. Happiest day of my life and so grateful Stellaluna helped create that for us."
– Lauren, Stellaluna Bride 2022
"Working with Stellaluna Events was one of the best decisions I made during wedding planning! Not only are they on top of every detail and professional - but they were truly so easy to work with and made me feel some comfortable throughout the entire planning process. Always pro-active and ready to help out in anyway that they could. The wedding day could not have gone smoother - I didn't have to think about a single detail because they were always 10 steps ahead and guiding us along! Truly so grateful to have them part of our special day. Would highly recommend!!"
– Molli, Stellaluna Bride 2022