Journeyman Distillery Wedding Venue – Wedding Planner’s Ultimate Guide
Journeyman Distillery wedding venue located in Three Oaks, Michigan is one of Team Stellaluna’s all time favorite venues. Between the unique history, charming small town location and one of a kind style this venue is a perfect place to get married. As Michigan wedding planners we have planned and executed many events at this venue and wanted to share some of our best kept secrets.
Everything You Need To Know About The Journeyman Distillery Wedding Venue
There are 4 unique locations you can host your wedding at the distillery: Warren Hall, The Grainery, The Still Room and the Ceremony Lawn.
- Warren Hall can host up to 350 seated
- The Grainery can host up to 150 seated
- The Still Room can host up to 100 seated
Journeyman also offers a farmhouse, flat, bunk house and more you can choose to rent along with your wedding. Each of the spaces carries the same industrial, rustic vibe – but with its own unique charm thrown in.
The whole venue has a really unique industrial rustic feel that is perfect for the couple looking for an upscale vibe in a laid back environment. With the multiple venues, bars and restaurant Journeyman has so much to offer to your guests traveling from out of town.
Tips and tricks:
- Let your guests know the wedding start time is EST. Many guests are traveling from Chicago and other states that may be located in CST, which causes them to be an hour late to the ceremony. Remind them Three Oaks, MI is in EST on your invitations and wedding website.
- In Warren Hall if your guest count is small enough have your dance floor in the middle of the room between the bar and hanging wall, do it. It helps to keep guests engaged throughout the space since its such a long venue, but make sure you aren’t blocking the stairs and leaving a clear path so the serving team get get through.
- If you’re offering transportation or shuttles for your guests I recommend creating a transportation schedule to put on the bar and near the exit. With some of the spaces being upstairs and not near the door it is tricky for guests to know the shuttle has arrived causing them to miss it. Also ask your DJ to announce when the shuttle is departing based on the schedule.
- Keep your decor minimal. With there only being one elevator it makes it tricky to get decor in and out of the venue. In addition there are not a whole lot of storage spaces in the venue to hide boxes and packaging besides the getting ready suite. All of the venue spaces are already so beautiful and really don’t need much decor, so let the uniqueness of the venue shine through.
- The spirit shooters are a crowd favorite for favors. If you’re racking your brain for favor ideas – think no further.
What’s else is in Three Oaks, Michigan area?
I typically find most Journeyman Distillery couples use New Buffalo, Michigan as their hub, since its located on Lake Michigan and has a lot of hotel and restaurant offerings. Most couples reserve room blocks in The Marina Grand, The Harbor Grand, Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn or Four Winds Casino. If you’re looking to provide transportation to and from your wedding there are a lot of great transportation providers in the area.
There are so many great restaurants and bakeries in the Three Oaks area including, but not limited to
- Staymaker (Journeyman Distillery)
- Froehlich’s Bakery
- Featherbone Restaurant & Lounge (open late so perfect for an after party)
- Mesa Luna in Sawyer, MI
- Greenbush Brewing Co. in Sawyer, MI
- The Stray Dog in New Buffalo, MI
Real Journeyman Distillery Weddings by Stellaluna Events
Here are real weddings, events and styled shoots that Team Stellaluna has executed at this venue. Click each image do see the full gallery from each event.
Journeyman Distillery Wedding Venue in Review:
Address: 109 Generations Dr, Three Oaks, MI 49128
Phone: (269) 820-2050
Capacity: 20-500 guests
Event Spaces: Warren Hall, The Grainery & The Still Room
Dining Styles: Plated, buffet or cocktail style
Amenities Available: Wooden rectangle tables, dark elio chairs, spirit barrels, large bar and more.