Goals for January 2018
Happy New Year! I cannot think of a better way to commence 2018 by recapping my December 2017 goals and sharing my goals for January. Here is how I did last month:
- Decorate the house for Christmas – I STILL haven’t done this. Check! Our decor was very simplistic (a tree, stockings and a couple cute signs) but it was still perfect.
- Make the next actionable step towards doing the next big thing in Stellaluna Events. Check! Chipping away everyday.
- Enjoy Christmas with friends and family. Check! We spent most of the Christmas weekend with Eric’s family in Royal Oak, Michigan and slowly celebrated with my family the days afterwards.
- Attend or host a NYE party – I always want to do something big and fun but feel like it is an after thought to Christmas. Check! This year we headed to East Tawas, Michigan where my brother-in-law, Jeremy ‘s parents live and we watched Jeremy’s dad play in his band with my sister, brother-in-law and his parents. It was a lot of fun!
- Make real homemade hot chocolate. Nope. Eric isn’t big into hot chocolate so I didn’t find the right opportunity to make this happen without drinking a gallon of hot chocolate by myself.
- Create a 2018 bucket list. Check! I’m so excited for the new year.
- FINALLY finish Make It Happen!…but for real this time. Check! About time, right?!
- Work out 4 times a week, every week. This is two fold – I also want to start working out in the early mornings to avoid the after-work crowd, especially after starting early January. Half check! I did start working out regularly but some weeks it was over 4 days and other weeks it was less than. I also did start going to the gym in the mornings, which I am happy about especially now with the new year’s resolution rush.
- Have a pizza and Christmas movie night. Nope.
- Create an awesome new year’s resolution. Check! To find more balance in my life.
A pretty good month if you ask me. And now feeling refreshed and starting with a clean slate for the new year I give you my January goals.
- Start and finish Girl Boss.
- Go cross country skiing.
- Work out 4 times a week every week.
- Wake up at 6am at least 5 days a week and start my days earlier.
- Find a healthy meal planning system that works for me.
- Blog to Sailors Delight once a week, every week.
- Have a date night with Eric once a week, every week.
- Plan a our own “wedding planning weekend” for the summertime.
- Finishing painting our dining room table and chairs…that I started in July…
- Simplify our possessions – go through each container, closet, room, etc. and throw away/ donate things that don’t make us 100% happy.
10 new goals for a new month. I am a loving this month’s goals because a lot of them have to do with bettering my life and health. Cheers to a better new year!
Photo by: Dilara Atkins Photography
Catch the past few months goals: