5 of the Best Vineyard Wedding Venues in Michigan
There isn’t anything much more beautiful than a vineyard wedding in Michigan. Between the rolling hills, lake views and of course the wine, a vineyard wedding is where it is at! With over 112 vineyards in Michigan it can be pretty difficult to decide which one to host your wedding at. So today I wanted to share 5 of my favorite vineyard wedding venues in Michigan.
Vineyard Wedding Venues in Michigan:
- Ciccone Vineyard in Suttons Bay, Michigan – Ciccone is nestled atop a hill that overlooks Traverse Bay, which means a consistent cool breeze coming off the water at all times. What I love about Ciccone is the many options you have for hosting your wedding. You can choose to use the barn on property for an indoor event, the built in bar on the outside of the barn or pop a tent up in the lawn. There are so many options and ways to customize it to your style.
- The Vineyard at 12 Corners in Benton Harbor, Michigan – 12 Corners in unique because you are getting a vineyard and apple orchard all mixed into one. Plus they have a permanent tent structure on property complete with flooring and a deck so you don’t have to go through the hassle of renting a tent. When your guests park at the venue they get to enjoy a walk through the grape vines, which is a perfect opportunity to treat them to a little wine on their walk.
- Hidden Vineyard Wedding Barn in Berrien Springs, Michigan – Hidden Vineyard has the most beautiful natural wood barn that is perfect for the rustic, elegant bride. One of my favorite parts is the stunning 150 year old catalpa tree that you can get married in front of, making for some gorgeous photos. Though it is located a little ways away from hotels and accommodations its easy to rent a shuttle service to get guests to and from the venue.
- Black Star Farms in Suttons Bay, Michigan – Another Suttons Bay favorite is Black Star Farms. Not only is this a beyond gorgeous vineyard to be married at, but I personally believe they have some of the best wine in Michigan. Being more than just a vineyard, but a full estate this venue has so many unique offerings when it comes to vineyard weddings.
- Aurora Cellars in Lake Leelanau, Michigan – Though I haven’t personally worked at this vineyard, I have seen some pretty stunning weddings come out of it. There are so many options between the farmhouse, terrace and cottage that it can please a variety of groups and tastes. Being located in Lake Leelanau there are also so opportunities to hit the lake for some gorgeous sunset photos.
Photo captured by Ashley Slater Photography during a Ciccone Vineyard Wedding.
Tips for Planning a Vineyard Wedding:
- Serve wine from that vineyard. Most vineyards will require you to do so, but if they don’t require it – do it anyway! Your guests will want to try the wine so instead of making them walk to the tasting room to pay for it themselves, make sure you have a few bottles at the bar.
- Weddings around harvest times at the vineyard can be extra pretty, but the fruit flies can be bad so I would shoot for a spring/early summer wedding to avoid those little bugs, unless you will be indoors.
- Don’t feel like you need to make the decor all wine/vineyard focused. Pull in decor elements that are true to you, but compliment the vineyard.
- Encourage people to wear comfortable footwear they don’t mind walking through the vineyard or grass in.
Thanks for checking out my 5 favorite vineyard wedding venues in Michigan and if you have any vineyard wedding venues you love, please leave them in the comments below. If you love vineyard weddings in Michigan then you will love Stephanie & Trevor’s Ciccone Vineyard Wedding!